Thanks for clicking on my link to check out one of my favorite bars! I do make these alot and enjoy them each time!
2 cups Raw Almonds
½ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup Almond Butter
½ cup Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Agave nectar
½ cup Flax meal (I sub this ingredient for chai seed) If you do flax meal make sure you grind it fresh yourself and use it right away.
½ tsp Sea salt
4 drops Stevia (you can also use the powdered variation or coconut sugar)
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 cup Dark chocolate chips (70% or more)
Recipe note: Ground flax meal: I sub this ingredient for chai seed. If you do use flax meal make sure you grind it fresh yourself and use it right away. To grind flax meal I use my coffee grinder.
- Place almonds, flax, coconut, almond butter, and salt in food processor
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat
- Remove oil from stove, stir in stevia, agave and vanilla into oil
- Add coconut oil mixture into food processor and pulse ingredients to form course paste
- Press mixture into 8×8 glass baking dish
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour until hard
- In saucepan melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to fridge for 30 minutes until hard
- Remove from fridge, cut into bars and serve – Makes 20 bars