- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- coconut oil, ghee or butter for frying
- maple syrup and fruit for topping (optional)
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the coconut milk, mashed banana, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Preheat a pan or griddle on medium heat and coat with a layer of coconut oil, ghee or butter.
- Pour, or spoon out about two tablespoons of batter to make small pancakes. (They are much easier to manage if you keep them small – You can use your spoon to spread them out a bit.)
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side. (I usually end up cooking them longer on the first side than the second.)
Notes about recipe:
1. Serves 4-6
2. Blanched almond flour is better to use than almond meal
3. Baking with coconut flour can be slightly different than other flours, you may need to adjust the liquid ratio to get the right consistency. Make sure the batter is not too thin nor really thick.
4. We add our favorite chocolate chips. Brand name: Enjoy Life
You can pick up the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks from Bulk Barn in the health food section (they are in a package not a bulk bin), or Loblaws in the health food section.
Enjoy and tell us about how you made out!!
Lisa and Jason